25 de octubre de 2014

Simon Gao at Shanghai Fashion Week SS 2015



Last Saturday I ended at Simon Gao fashion show at Bund number 22 in Shanghai. First of all I have to thank again to Michelle and Yun Yun who got a last minute invitation for me. And there I was, being part of a minority of western people (I counted 5 including myself), surrounded by stylists, fashion editors, VIP's (this is one of the most favorite terms in China) and celebrities. I had never seen them before as any of the clothes by Simon Gao, the protagonist of that night. 

The celebs, all of them with a perfect pose and endless Louboutin heels, were actually the first part of the show. My favorite, the girl with the pink neoprene dress which seemed to imitate the princess patched on the right side of her dress. Simply amazing. Ah! Of course all of them were already playing with Iphone 6, launched in China two days before.

Simon Gao is a popular designer in China and very loved by all the celeb world. Though the brand was established in 2012, he has already shown at Paris his collection for fall-winter 2013.

This spring-summer 2015 collection comes after Gao's presence at Chinese designers exhibition at London Fashion Week last September. Gauze, silk, structured fabrics were paired with big-platformed shoes and rounded sunnies covering models' faces. So the result appeared as the reincarnation of John Lennon on a tour to the moon. But seriously, wide-leg pants and palazzo trousers were the stars of the show along with perforated-laser fabric on bomber jackets.

The show was short but very specific. No forward and rewind. It's a very fresh collection. So for me it's a great starting with Simon Gao style. Welcome to my world!













No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario